After plenty of speculation, Whatsapp started an effective platform officially for Business. The application is available currently to Android users and many brands like BookMyShow, RedBus, Myntra has effectively started using this medium to communicate with their existing and potential customers.
This article will help you set up business profile, running ads and how this medium is different from the other messaging applications.
Who can use Whatsapp Business?
Irrespective of the Industry and with less investments it has been designed from ground to offer concierge-like service for customers and can only be used by business owners or person who manages Business. Whatsapp Business is a boon for small and medium businesses as it is cost effective and has lesser chance to go in spam like emailers.
How to Setup the Whatsapp Business?
- You need a Basic Android smartphone, with a mobile number which is not associated with other Whatsapp account.
- If you already have a business number which is in use and known to all the customers, you can register with that number on Whatsapp business app.
- Next, you have to go to Play Store download the Whatsapp business application.
- After the installing the App, you need to verify our mobile number, from which you can communicate with our customers in future.
- This application supports Whatsapp Web, and can be used when the mobile version is down. This feature is not so Intricate in Mobile App, but we can expect to have a better version in future.
- Basic information of the business is needed to create a profile,these details helps to establish the nature and authenticity of the business.
- Business description
- Email address
After the basic setup and verification of mobile number, the profile is ready to use. Profiles created under the Whatsapp Business are referred and given business account labels where users can view and authenticate business profiles from individual profiles.
What makes Whatsapp Business different from other messaging apps?
One of the best features of this app is automated response to address customer’s queries instantaneously.
Quick replies– You can create shortcuts for the messages you want to send frequently, use of text, images, Gifs and Video messages are allowed in this app.
To set quick replies,
- Tap Menu>Settings>Business Settings>Quick replies
- Tap Add(+)
- Set Text Message or add image, set keyboard shortcut for the quick reply.
- Set the keyword to quickly locate it.
- Tap Save
Note: Though optional, keywords are useful in sorting if you have multiple quick replies saved to your list. You can add up to three keywords per quick reply.
To send quick replies
- Open a chat
- In the text input field, type “/” followed by the shortcut of a pre-set quick reply.
- Select the quick reply. The templated message will automatically populate the text input field.
- You can edit the message or simply tap Send
Greeting message – You can create a template message to send customers for the first time or after 14 days of inactivity. You can set the app to send custom greeting message.
- Tap Menu>Settings>Business Settings
- Set Text Message
Away message– Similar to greeting message feature, you can also set an away message on WhatsApp Business. It will automatically send the set custom message to your customers while you are away.
Whatsapp offers 3 types of away messages
- Always Send
- Custom Schedule
- Outside Business Hours
To set away message,
- Tap Menu>Settings>Business Settings> Away Message
- Set Text Message
Message Statistics – Although it is not a new feature, this provides easy access to message statistics. Messages sent, delivered and read can be tracked.
Other than the above features, Whatsapp Business profile have similar features like traditional app. which are status, groups, broadcast messages, video and audio calls etc.
Relatively very new this application promises to boost engagement with your audience and provide a better customer experience. Whatsapp Business will provide a platform to engage with customers by providing them regular updates with few drawbacks like no option for searching businesses on Whatsapp but we hope with time these smaller issues will be ironed out and this will become a channel widely used by brands.